Prevent House Fires By Cleaning Your Dryer Vent
As a homeowner we try to protect ourselves from every possible negative scenario. We invest in Alarm Systems, Guns, and Dogs, to help protect our family. But we forget about potential fire hazards. UpFront is Houston’s leading dryer vent cleaning service company.
Remembering to change the smoke detectors batteries or inspecting your homes wiring to make sure it is safe and up to date, are just as important as security. The threat of a fire is always lurking if you don’t take care of an often overlooked appliance… The Dryer.
Did You Know that one of the leading causes of house fires is the Dryer?
Every year more than 15,500 fires are caused by Dryers. What happened? The U.S. Fire Administration says that a failure to clean the dryer vent is the leading cause of these fires. Once a dryer vent is clogged it causes the dryer to overheat and creates a potential fire hazard. Call UpFront Home Services for the best dryer vent cleaning service company in the area to help prevent fires.
How can you be sure your dryer is functioning properly?
Here is a list of potential warning signs:
- Your clothes suddenly don’t fully dry during a normal cycle
- An odd smell (musty and/or burning) comes from your dryer
- Your clothes are hotter than usual—the laundry room itself seems unusually hot
- Unusual amount of lint remains inside the dryer or on your clothes
- Your lint trap is full with lint after a single drying cycle
- Your outside vent does not seem to be expelling air
- Your outside vent has visible debris and lint accumulating around it (Birds Sometimes Build Nests In Dryer Vents)
What can you do year-round to prevent a clogged and dangerous dryer vent?
- Clean your lint filter after each load of laundry
- Only run your dryer when someone is home
- Visually inspect and clean your dryer vent regularly! Regular maintenance is extremely important.
Not sure where your Dryer Vent is or if it needs service? Want To Have A Pro Take A Look? Enlist the help of the Pros at UpFront Home Services!
Dryer Vent Cleaning Cost
- $120- 1 Story Home
- $170- 2 Story Home
REMAINING OPEN TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS
- We will wear a mask when servicing your home
- We are disinfecting our tools, hoses, and equipment in between every service appointment
- We are exercising social distancing and adhering to CDC best practices regarding sick employees
- We are offering no-contact service
- We include application of EPA Registered Disinfectant with every service